Friday, July 21, 2006

Hole-in-the-wall bliss.

This afternoon I discovered the wonder that is the New Orleans-style iced coffee at Blue Bottle Coffee Roasters: coffee brewed with chicory, served light and sweet over ice. I was skeptical, especially when I saw that it was $3.50. "This had better be the best damn iced coffee I've ever had," I told the friend I was with.

It was.

I did not want to stop drinking it, ever. I wanted to move into the coffee shop, which is not so much a shop as a space tucked behind a garage door in the front part of a workshop that makes bent plywood furniture. I wanted to sleep under the counter so I could be sure to have the delicious New Orleans-style iced coffee first thing every morning. It was strong delicious crack and it made me happy and no, I'm not twitching now, why do you ask?


No comments: